- See:Government National Mortgage Association. The New York Times Financial Glossary————An informal name for the Government National Mortgage Association ( GNMA) or for securities issued by it. American Banker Glossary————A wholly owned U.S. government corporation within the Department of Housing & Urban Development. Ginnie Mae guarantees the timely payment of principal and interest on securities issued by approved servicers that are collateralized by FHA-issued, VA-guaranteed, or Farmers Home Administration (FmHA)-guaranteed mortgages. Bloomberg Financial Dictionary————Securities issued by the Government National Mortgage Association ( GNMA) of the US. Exchange Handbook Glossary
* * *Ginnie Mae Gin‧nie Mae [ˌdʒɪni ˈmeɪ] noun [singular]1. ORGANIZATIONS FINANCE PROPERTY the familiar name for the Government National Mortgage Association, a US government organization that buys home loans from lenders, guarantee S them (= promises to repay them if the borrowers do not repay), and arranges for them to be sold and traded on financial markets as Securities. The money obtained is then used for more loans to home buyers:
• mortgage-backed securities, such as those issued by the Ginnie Mae.
• Ginnie Maes are backed by the full faith and credit of the US government.— see also Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
* * *Government National Mortgage Association (GNMA). A wholly owned corporate unit of the US government whose chief function is to guarantee securities backed by pools of federally insured or guaranteed mortgages to aid secondary market liquidity. Its guarantees are known as GNMA pass-through certificates.► See also Securitization.
* * *Ginnie Mae UK US noun (ABBREVIATION GNMA)► GOVERNMENT, FINANCE the Government National Mortgage Association: a US government organization that guarantees (= promises to pay back) loans of particular home buyers if they are not paid back, allowing the organization that lent the money to make more loans: »
Ginnie Mae funds invest in federally guaranteed mortgages, whose principal and interest payments are assured by the government.► [C, usually plural] a bond issued by the Government National Mortgage Association: »
People with money in quasi-government bonds like Ginnie Maes or Freddie Macs have seen those bonds paid off prematurely as rates fell.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ginnie Mae — USA Ginnie Mae. Common term for the Government National Mortgage Association. Ginnie Mae was created by the federal government in 1968. Ginnie Mae does not buy or sell loans or issue mortgage backed securities (MBSs). It guarantees investors the… … Law dictionary
Ginnie Mae — Logo. Ginnie Mae ist die in den USA populäre Bezeichnung bzw. ein Quasi Akronym für die Government National Mortgage Association (GNMA). Die Hauptaufgabe von Ginnie Mae ist die Bereitstellung von billigen Krediten für Hauskäufer und Hausbauer.… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Ginnie Mae — ☆ Ginnie Mae [jin′ē mā′ ] n. 1. informal name for Government National Mortgage Association: a federal agency which purchases mortgages from lending institutions with funds raised by the sale of government backed securities pl. Ginnie Maes 2. any… … English World dictionary
Ginnie Mae — 1970, fleshed out in the form of a fem. proper name, from GNMA, acronym of Government National Mortgage Association … Etymology dictionary
Ginnie Mae — (Government National Mortgage Association) U.S. Government owned corporation that purchases mortgages from lenders and reoffers them to investors as government guaranteed mortgage backed securities (Finance) … English contemporary dictionary
Ginnie Mae — Gin•nie Mae [[t]ˈdʒɪn i ˈmeɪ[/t]] n. 1) bus a federal agency that helps finance government guaranteed home mortgages through the sale of securities 2) any security sold by Ginnie Mae • Etymology: 1970–75; from the initials GNMA Government… … From formal English to slang
Ginnie Mae — 1) Colloquial US name for the Government National Mortgage Association (GNMA). 2) Colloquial US name for a mortgage supported bond issued by the Government National Mortgage Association. A Ginnie Mae pass through is a bond backed by mortgages… … Big dictionary of business and management
Ginnie Mae — /jin ee/, Finance. 1. See Government National Mortgage Association. 2. a bond or certificate sold by the Government National Mortgage Association. [1970 75; formed from the initials GNMA; cf. FANNIE MAE] * * * … Universalium
Ginnie Mae — /jin ee/, Finance. 1. See Government National Mortgage Association. 2. a bond or certificate sold by the Government National Mortgage Association. [1970 75; formed from the initials GNMA; cf. FANNIE MAE] … Useful english dictionary
GINNIE MAE — Government National Mortgage Association (Governmental » US Government) … Abbreviations dictionary